Homework for Fifth Sunday of Easter:
These options might not have all been used at each mass because of the 1st Communions:
1. Standing in front of a mirror, tell God what you have done in the last couple of weeks to be the Body of Christ in the world. How you have taken the love you received from Jesus in the Eucharist and passed it on to someone else.
2. Talk with another about actions/attitudes that might hinder our direct entrance into heaven. (Example: We always pray for unity but then we question the integrity/goodness of others who disagree with us. Or we think that our way of doing things is the only way that something can be done.)
3. Talk with another about the religious art you have in your household and what message it conveys to yourself and others about what you believe. What might it say/suggest about us if we do not display anything about what we believe in our homes?
Readings for the week of May 19, 2019
- Sunday: Acts 14:21-27 / Ps 145:8-9, 10-11, 12-13 [cf. 1] / Rv 21:1-5a / Jn 13:31-33a, 34-35
- Monday: Acts 14:5-18 / Ps 115:1-2, 3-4, 15-16 [1ab] / Jn 14:21-26
- Tuesday: Acts 14:19-28 / Ps 145:10-11, 12-13ab, 21 [cf. 12]Jn 14:27-31a
- Wednesday: Acts 15:1-6 / Ps 122:1-2, 3-4ab, 4cd-5 [cf. 1] / Jn 15:1-8
- Thursday: Acts 15:7-21 / Ps 96:1-2a, 2b-3, 10  / Jn 15:9-11
- Friday: Acts 15:22-31 / Ps 57:8-9, 10 and 12 [10a] / Jn 15:12-17
- Saturday: Acts 16:1-10 / Ps 100:1b-2, 3, 5 [2a] / Jn 15:18-21
- Next Sunday: Acts 15:1-2, 22-29 / Ps 67:2-3, 5, 6, 8  / Rv 21:10-14, 22-23 / Jn 14:23-29
also during the Easter Season (April 21 - June 9) join us at Noon on Tuesdays for A TIME TO SHARE