"To sing is to pray twice." - St. Francis of Assisi
St. Rita's is blessed with many talented musicians who "make a joyful noise" to enhance our weekly liturgies and special events.
We invite you to come sing with us! We have a number of different music groups here at St. Rita's, and one of them is bound to be a perfect fit for your talents.
Here's a short description of each music ensemble:
- Choir: Open to everyone, from grade 9 to adults. Rehearsals: Thursday, 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Children's Choir: Open to children in grades 2-7. Rehearsals begin Monday afternoons at 4:30 p.m. Contact Andrew for info.
- Resound: Open to youth in grades 7-12. Rehearsals scheduled for Wednesday evenings at 6:15 p.m. Contact Andrew for info.
- St. Rita's Group: Open to everyone, from grade 9 to adults. Flexible rehearsal schedule. Wednesdays 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Echo: Small Group, open to adults. Audition is required.
- Joyful Praise: Small group, open to adults. Audition is required.
Don't like to sing? There are other opportunities to participate:
- Solo instrumentalist: All instruments are welcome. Audition is required.
- Audio volunteer: Work with running the sound system for Mass. No experience necessary; training is provided.
- Music office volunteer: Assist with weekly office tasks, work on special music projects.
Our Concert of Joy to benefit the local food shelf will be Friday, November 9, 2018. Save the Date!