WELCOME TO THE CHURCH OF ST. RITA - 1966-2016
CELEBRATING 50 YEARS OF CONNECTING FAITH AND LIFE!
PARISH INFORMATIONAL MEETINGS
St. Rita's Parish Council invites all parishioners to attend one of two upcoming informational meetings.
- Tuesday, May 17, 7 p.m. -or-
- Wednesday, May 25, 9:30 a.m.
The meetings will take place in the large conference room in the lower level of the Faith Formation Center. The gatherings are an opportunity for you to learn more about how the parish operates, and how you can take part. Specific topics will include:
- Building updates
- Church Activities
- Changes to the Mass
There will also be time for questions and comments. Refreshments will be served, and all are welcome!
Summer faith formation
Registration is now open for summer faith formation.
There are several programs scheduled for preschool, elementary and middle school children.
- Summer Faith Formation: June 13-17 - Grades 1-5
- Vacation Bible School: July 11-15 - Age 4-Grade 3
- Kids Make a Difference Camp: July July 26-28 - Grades 2-5
- Summer Stretch: Tuesdays June 14-July 19 - Grades 6-9
50th Anniversary Celebration
This year marks the 50th anniversary of the Church of St. Rita in Cottage Grove. From a small group of faithful who began meeting for Sunday Mass at Park High School, to our vibrant parish of more than 1,450 families, St. Rita's has been an integral part of the spiritual fabric of Cottage Grove and surrounding communities since 1966.
Hundreds of people gathered together April 17 to officially mark our 50th anniversary and dedicate our new addition. We were honored to welcome Archbishop Bernard Hebda as he celebrated Mass, along with Fr. Rick, several of our former pastors and Fr. Evan Koop of our parish. A dedication ceremony for the addition took place immediately after Mass, and all enjoyed the gala reception following the ceremony.
Read more here about the other anniversary celebrations we have planned for the rest of the year.
Click here to watch a 50th Anniversary greeting from Fr. Jose and our brothers and sisters at Los Santos Martires in Chimbote, Peru. (sorry it's completely in Spanish - but the music is beautiful and you can meet some of our friends there!)
Tuesday: 8:30 am and 5:30 pm
Wednesday: 8:30 am
Thursday: 8 am Communion Service, 5:30 pm Mass
Friday: 8:30 am
Saturday: 5 pm
Sunday: 8:30 am and 10:30 am
Reconciliation: 4 pm Saturday or by appointment - call the Parish Office
Eucharistic Adoration: Thursdays 8:30 am-6:30 pm
- Fr. Rick Banker, Pastor
- Deacon Jack Nicklay, Pastoral Care
- Deacon Steve Koop, Pastoral Care
- Rory Gilbert, Business Administrator
- Kathy Kovarik, Elementary Faith Formation
- Amy Schroeder, Middle/High School Faith Formation
- Andrew Walker, Music Director
- Margaret Utecht, Office Manager
- Todd Salmonson, Buildings and Grounds
- Carol Goecke, Faith Formation Assistant
- Bob Branchaud, Data Entry
- Melanie Foy, Website Manager
- Ann Marie Valento, Nursery Coordinator
Friday 8:00 am-Noon
Note: The parish office is closed on weekends.
WE NEED YOUR CURRENT EMAIL ADDRESS!
We hope to save time and money by sending occasional email updates to parishioners rather than sending bulk mailings to the entire parish. But we need your current email address to update our records.
Please send your current email address (and phone number, too, if that has changed) to email@example.com.
Feel free to call the parish office at 651-459-4596 if you have questions.